Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Other Dylan


My name is Dylan, I was named after some guy named Bob,
I was seven when I heard him sing, and I thought he was odd,
I heard he's from Minnesota, But I just can't seem to see,
How this old man, could ever be, cooler then me.'

So daddy this is the man you named me after of,
He can't even sing, I can't stand his voice,
I can't understand a thing,
His hair is black, My hair is blonde,
If Momma saw my hair like that,
Momma would take me in to get a haircut,
Is this the man you want me to become?
So, this is the man you named me after of.'

When I was Fourteen, My dad and I went on a trip,
Nothing but open road, big trees and a radio,
We passed through Seattle, Stopped at a Local Record Store,
Where he picked up an album, and I heard the man a little more.'

So daddy this is the man you named me after of,
I think I understand what he's sayin'
I kinda like his voice,
I think I like this man,
And Thank you for giving me the choice,
Go back to Tangled up in Blue,
I wanna hear that one, some more,
So this is, the man you named me after of.'

Five Years later we went to the second show,
Obviously the first time was not enough,
I saw that man blowin' his harmonica up on the stage,
While Watchin' the artist my dad and I now both love,
I turned to my dad and smiled,
So... This is the man, you named me after of.'

Now I can see, why my daddy named me,
My name is Dylan and I was named after Bob."

No comments:

Post a Comment